Through Enrol/withdraw courses, administrators can manage course enrolments for single, multiple, or groups of learners. The section is accessed through the Courses menu.
It is possible to withdraw existing enrolments but not to update those in progress or not started from this section. To provide additional new enrolments, Re-enrolments should be used.
Enrol by user
- Multiple courses can be selected using the search box or by selecting from the full list using the link above the search box.
- When the required course(s) have been selected, use the Learner filters to search for learners to be enrolled and click the Search button. Select the required learners.
- If a course enrolment email is required, select Yes. The default email template will be selected, change this by switching it to Custom, then either select an existing custom template, or create a new one.
- The enrolment date range will default to a start date of today's date and a blank end date. If an expiry date for the enrolment is required, enter this in the End date field.**
- An enrolment start date can also be set to a future date if it is necessary to restrict learners from being able to access courses until a point in the future.
- Finally click Assign course. The selected learners will be provided with new enrolments for the selected courses (providing they had no existing enrolments).
** Note: When an enrolment expires, within the learner's account, the course status will change to: Expired and the course will no longer be accessible. Enrolment expiry dates can be updated through the Update enrolment dates tab (please see below).
Enrol by group
Used to make one-off enrolments for a group.
- Select the required course, then select one or more groups, enrolment email options and enrolment dates (if required) then select Assign course.
- All the users within the selected groups will be enrolled onto the selected course (providing they had no existing enrolments).
Enrol by course
One-off enrolments can be made for users within specific sectors and services using this section.
- Select the required course, then select the sectors and services to be given enrolments. All sectors can be expanded using the Show all option on the right hand side of the screen, below the search box.
- Select options for an enrolment email (if required) and enrolment dates (if required), then select Assign course.
Enrolments can be withdrawn from single, multiple, or groups of learners, or by Course status, here. Doing so will mean the learners no longer have access to withdrawn courses and will lose their progress if the course is incomplete. When an enrolment for an incomplete course is withdrawn the course will still be shown in the learner's history with the status Withdrawn. For completed courses, learners will retain the Completed status and any certificates they have earned.
Withdrawing enrolments works in the same way as Enrol by user minus the option to select enrolment dates. First a course must be selected followed by user(s), then withdrawal email options, if required.
Withdraw group enrolments
Where groups have been given enrolments, they can be withdrawn. This section works in the same way as Enrol by group, though without the option to choose enrolment dates.
Update enrolment dates
When a learner's enrolment expires, the course status will appear on their home screen, my courses screen and history as 'Expired'. To extend the course:
- Select the course to be updated, then the required learners.
- A further enrolment email can be sent if necessary.
- Finally, select the new expiry date and then the Update enrolment dates button. This will update the selected learners' expiry date for this course.